Surface Use Agreement Colorado

The State Land Board owns approximately 1.2 million hectares of mineral material, where the land above is owned by another party (“split” or “severed” estate). Under Colorado law, the owner of a mineral product has the right to access his mineral property, even if the surface is owned by another party. Landowners who wish to ensure that the development of state trust ores does not result in surface occupancy on their land may consider an NSO agreement with the National Land Board. The duration of the NSO agreement and consideration are determined after receipt of the application. The NSO agreements do not prohibit the development of oil and gas with horizontal or directed drills. For more information on whether The Landesamt owns the minerals under your property, see this fact sheet. Contact Ben Teschner at or 303-866-3454 x 3313 for more information on NSO agreements. The NSO`s contract application and transfer forms are available below under “Forms – Instructions.” A Surface Use Agreement (OAS) is the mechanism by which the State Land Board agrees to authorize the use of hectares of public trust for the development of offshore oil and gas. When a taker plans to use the area of government confidence, but 1) does not have the underlying oil and gas lease-sale, i.e.

2) develop additional hectares of oil and gas leasing outside the oil and gas leasing object, an SA will be required. Check out our Checklist Document, Pay Table Calculator and sample agreement. For questions, please contact mineral specialist Steve Freese at 303-866-3454 x 3343. The State Land Board`s leases require a performance obligation separate from the commitment required by the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC). Government bonds are required by law to avoid the waste of the state trust and may cover property such as (but not limited) on the surface, rents and royalties. Obligations are required before reaching the surface of the field, operations or disturbances on the ground. When a tenant develops a spacing and drilling unit (“DSU”) or has a well that discharges oil and gas from an additional public lease and hectares (the well could be located on or off the state trust, a certification body should be submitted to the State Land Board in the event of an application for imputation certificates or application from the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. Look at our guidelines for the communitarian agreement and the form of the communitarian agreement.

All oil and gas leases have a discount clause that allows the taker to transfer all or part of the leased property by paying all the amounts due and filing a written rebate request to the Landesamt. In order to avoid unwanted rental costs, the Landesamt invites tenants to inform the agency in writing of a request to postpone a tenancy agreement. Requests for rebates should be e-mailed to oil and gas specialist Catie Stitt before the next anniversary of the lease. Tenants who stop paying rent without making a written request for a formal rebate can charge a rent in question. Proportional rental costs are calculated on the basis of a period including the landesamt`s determination of non-payment of rent, the reporting of unpaid rent to the tenant and the healing time of a late payment in accordance with the tenancy conditions. For partial rebates, only consecutive contracts with a total volume of at least 40 hectares can be abandoned in a lease agreement (unless the original lease was less than 40 hectares). If the lease has been registered in the Landkreis, a declaration of rental or unblocking must also be registered in the Landkreis, when the lease is abandoned, and a copy of the registered release submitted to the Landesamt fer die Mietdatei. But only 12% are actually produced: 88% of oil and gas leases on trust lands are never in production, i.e. there is no extraction.

Get started

If you want to get a free consultation without any obligations, fill in the form below and we'll get in touch with you.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]